Hillside Manor Renovation: PUBLIC BID & MWESB SELECT BID
We have two bid packages, 1) Public Bid, and 2) MWESB Select Bid so there are two separate bid packages.
Anticipated construction schedule – April 1, 2020 start with a 15-month Construction Schedule.
- Hillside Manor is an existing 9-story concrete frame affordable housing building with 100 units. The project
will consist of a seismic upgrade on the ground floor and new MEP systems throughout the building. Unit
bathrooms, kitchens, and common areas will all be updated. The building management offices on the 2nd
floor as well as the ground floor common areas will be re-programmed and updated. The project will be
occupied during the work, but the bulk of the unit work will take place when the unit is vacated.
- BOLI Commercial Prevailing Wage Rates and Davis-Bacon Building Prevailing Wages apply (whichever is
higher); weekly certified payroll reports will be required.
- MWESB participation goal (25%)
1. Items Included (Public BID)
Cast in place Concrete, Finish Carpentry, Casework, Insulation, Roofing, Sheet
Metal Flashings, Doors/Frames/Hardware, Operable Partitions, Security Grill, Flooring, Storefront,
Appliances, and Countertops.
Public Bid Sharefile Link https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-sf2fe1ec69484ae68
2. Items Included (MWESB Select BID)
Survey, Final Cleaning, Demo and Abatement, Earthwork, Striping, Site
Concrete, Steel, Painting, Drywall and ACT Ceilings, Specialty Supply, Signage, Window Treatment, and
MWESB Select Bid Link https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-sb8143ad31eb425c9
We will have a non-mandatory Job Walk / Outreach Pre-Bid Meeting on
November 22, 2019 @ 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
at Hillside Manor located at 2889 SE Hillside Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222.
All quotes are due by 2:00 PM December 13, 2019.
Please submit all bids to firstname.lastname@example.org
or FAX to (866) 446-0681.
Please send all questions to Kim Smith at email@example.com.
The last day for questions is December 3, 2019.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your quote.
Large Division – BID OPPORTUNITY
All Quote to go to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax to: 866-446-0681
The site is located on the SE corner of SE Division and SE 115th.
The building will be a four story, wood frame structure with a mix of studio, 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed units. The program consists of office space, common areas, and residential units.
Scopes open for bid are Design-Build for Fire Suppression, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, and Low Voltage. Remaining scopes will be in summer of 2020.
This project will have MWESB requirements. Submit your plan for MWESB participation as it will be part of scoring your bid.
It has not yet been determined if the project will be prevailing wage. Please submit both non-BOLI and BOLI pricing for consideration.
Bids are due at 2pm on Tuesday, November 26, 2019. Any questions on this request for bid to be submitted five business days before due date on 11/26.
For any questions, please contact the Project Manager, Meghan Herteg, at email@example.com or 503.219.2795.
Sharefile FTP Link to Bid Documents: https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-se32941ed5074fd89
PAE Living Building – OPEN Bid Opportunity
Project Name: PAE Living Building – OPEN Bid Opportunity
Location: SW 1ST AVENUE & SW PINE STREET
Bids due: Tuesday, November 12 @ 2:00 pm
- Send all quotes to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to: (866) 446-068 no later than November 12th, 2019 at 2:00 PM. (See bid form). Attach proposal on company letterhead to the bid form.
- Send all RFI questions in written format to Kent Usher, email@example.com.
Project Schedule: Start Date: January 3rd, 2020. See schedule in “Bidding Information” link.
Scopes NOT available in the OPEN bid opportunity:
Earthwork, CIP Concrete, Geopiers, Mechanical, Electrical / Low Voltage, Plumbing, Fire Sprinkler, Masonry, WRB and Window install, Window Supply, Storefront Windows, Drywall, Roofing, Mass timber Framing, Sheet Metal.
Plans and Specifications:
Project documents will be available at:
- Project Drawings: Permit Revision #1. The previous Bid set drawings have been swapped out with the Addendum. All pricing needs to be based on the 10/04/2019 Permit revision #1.
- Project Specifications:
Select Bidder Information:
(Schedule, WALSH sample subcontract, WALSH sample purchase order, sample insurance checklist, Core & Shell Delineation, material waste management plan, Living building Challenge objectives and instructions to bidders, Bid Form).
Addendum #1: See link for permit revision #1 dated 10/04/2019
If you have any problems accessing the files please call Kent Usher or Linda Woolery (503)-222-4375
Contacts Regarding Project:
- Kent Usher 503-830-0914 (Project Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ed Sloop 503-306-2700 (Sr. Project Managerr) email@example.com
- Adam Klauba 971-808.8206 (LBC / Sustainability Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Linda Woolery 503-219-2949 (Project Administrator) email@example.com
The project is a five-story wood structure office building on the Northwest corner of SW 1st and SW Pine in the Skidmore-Old Town historic district of Portland, Oregon. The ground floor will have retail and building support spaces, levels two through five will have offices. The ground floor retail spaces and all of level two will be constructed as core & shell space. Levels three through five tenant spaces will be constructed in the same sequence with the core and shell of the building. The roof will be unoccupied with a photo-voltaic array. A water collection cistern will be located below grade. There is no basement. The project seeks Living Building Certification.
Living Building Challenge:
What does this mean? In short, this is not a typical Project.
The Living Building Challenge is the world’s most rigorous proven performance standard for buildings. See documents for LBC Instructions to Bidders.
The living building challenge has two core rules.
- All Imperatives assigned to a Typology are mandatory.
- Living Building Challenge certification requires actual, rather than anticipated, performance demonstrated over twelve consecutive months
Please read the specifications thoroughly before submitting your proposal, and please reach out if you have any questions.
Scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
- Tenant improvement work (Interiors Level 3-5) will run concurrent with the main job. Proposals need to be broken out between Core and Shell and Tennant improvement. If you are uncertain about how this is delineated, please review this document https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-s32875cb26004ba18 or call Kent Usher.
- FFE is owner furnished and owner installed.
- WCC will provide dumpsters for the project. See waste management plan in “Bidder Information” sharefile link (above).
- All materials provided will be Red List free per LBC. See spec section 016000 – PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS for further information.
- Pre-installation coordination meetings with GC, Architect.
- Compliance with WCC site superintendent schedule. See full construction schedule in the sharefile link. https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-s58dd93767144bbc9
- All submittals including all shop drawings, product data, samples per plans and specifications.
- All risk for labor and material price increases or inflation upon execution of subcontract. Subcontractor and/or Supplier amounts will not be adjusted to accommodate inflationary cost increase.
- Gross Receipts tax (GRT).
- Subcontractor bid shall be based on their own determination of quantities and square footages based on their review of the contract plans and specifications.
- Provide all material procurement and fabrication lead times with proposal.
- Provide all quantities with proposal.
- Precut and prefabrication as well as other methods of waste reduction are encouraged to help meet the LBC Net Positive Waste Imperative.
- Breakout GRT cost in proposals (Core & Shell and PAE Office TI)
Items not provided by general contractor, but not limited to:
- No elevator use for construction activities.
- Parking for your worker, space will be provided for loading and unloading only.
Items Not Applicable to the Project:
- Work force training requirements.
- Prevailing wage requirements.