Dahlke Manor Renovation – BID OPPORTUNITY
Dahlke Manor is an existing 9 story concrete and CMU building that houses 115 units of affordable housing. The project will be an occupied remodel of selective mechanical, plumbing, electrical / low voltage, and fire suppression systems in the units and common spaces. Additionally,the ground floor and site will be re-programmed to better accommodate the services provided. Six units will be remodeled and reconfigured into ADA units.
Construction schedule –November 1, 2020 start with a 13-month duration.
Davis-Bacon Building Prevailing Wages apply
Weekly certified payroll reports will be required.
COBID participation goal (30%)
Items Included – Design-Build
Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Low Voltage, & Fire Protection ONLY.
Sharefile link to the contract documents https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-s3d86c7dc50048729
Mandatory Pre-Bid/Outreach Meeting
January 17, 2020 @ 9:00 AM
Location – Dahlke Manor – 915 NE Schulyer Street, Portland, OR 97212
All quotes are due by 2:00 PM January 31, 2020.
Please submit all bids to bids to email@example.com or FAX to (866) 446-0681.
Please send all questions to Bennett Barnwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last day for questions is January 24, 2020.
Medford Hotel Upgrades
Medford Hotel is a 3 story URM (unreinforced masonry building) with lightwells. The upgrade consists of new windows, siding, tuckpointing, roofing, HVAC and plumbing. It is on the corner of NW 5th and Glisan adjacent to the MAX line in the Old Town/China Town neighborhood. The building will be occupied during the renovation. All work will be complete during regular business hours 8am-5pm.
Construction Schedule – April 2020 start with an 8-month Construction Schedule
BOLI Commercial Prevailing Wage Rates, Workforce Training
Weekly certified payroll reporting and Section 3 will be required
MWESB Subcontractor Participation Goal (30%)
Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Masonry, Roofing, Windows, Flooring-Carpet, Finish Carpentry,
Scaffolding/Swing-Stage, Siding, WRB, Insulation, Final Clean, Sheet Metal & Trim
Job Walk / Outreach Pre-Bid Meeting (Non-Mandatory)
December 10, 2019 @ 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Location – Medford Hotel – 506 NW 5th Ave. Portland, OR 97209
All quotes are due no later than 12:00PM, December 19, 2019
Please submit all bids to email@example.com
or by fax to: (866) 446-0681
Please send all questions to Matt Godt at firstname.lastname@example.org
The last day for questions is December 13, 2019 @ 12PM
Electronic Bid Documents:
– WCC Bid Room – www.walshconstruction.com
– Oregon Contractor Plan Center – www.contractorplancenter.com
– iSqFt – www.isqft.com
– OAME – www.oame.org
– MCIP – www.mcip-pdx.org
– Builder’s Exchange of Washington – www.bxwa.com
– Daily Journal of Commerce – www.djcoregon.com
– Walsh Construction Sharefile FTP Link (Bid Package): https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-sf5d77c6a2f14a0ea
- Addenda 01 (includes WCC Bid Book) 12/6/19: https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-s2273ddb6d1b409c9
- Addenda 02: https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-sdba79e938074e429
Large Division – BID OPPORTUNITY
All Quote to go to: email@example.com or by Fax to: 866-446-0681
The site is located on the SE corner of SE Division and SE 115th.
The building will be a four story, wood frame structure with a mix of studio, 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed units. The program consists of office space, common areas, and residential units.
Scopes open for bid are Design-Build for Fire Suppression, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, and Low Voltage. Remaining scopes will be in summer of 2020.
This project will have MWESB requirements. Submit your plan for MWESB participation as it will be part of scoring your bid.
It has not yet been determined if the project will be prevailing wage. Please submit both non-BOLI and BOLI pricing for consideration.
Bids are due at 2pm on Tuesday, November 26, 2019. Any questions on this request for bid to be submitted five business days before due date on 11/26.
For any questions, please contact the Project Manager, Meghan Herteg, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.219.2795.
Sharefile FTP Link to Bid Documents: https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-se32941ed5074fd89
PAE Living Building – OPEN Bid Opportunity
Project Name: PAE Living Building – OPEN Bid Opportunity
Location: SW 1ST AVENUE & SW PINE STREET
Bids due: Tuesday, November 12 @ 2:00 pm
- Send all quotes to email@example.com or by fax to: (866) 446-068 no later than November 12th, 2019 at 2:00 PM. (See bid form). Attach proposal on company letterhead to the bid form.
- Send all RFI questions in written format to Kent Usher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Schedule: Start Date: January 3rd, 2020. See schedule in “Bidding Information” link.
Scopes NOT available in the OPEN bid opportunity:
Earthwork, CIP Concrete, Geopiers, Mechanical, Electrical / Low Voltage, Plumbing, Fire Sprinkler, Masonry, WRB and Window install, Window Supply, Storefront Windows, Drywall, Roofing, Mass timber Framing, Sheet Metal.
Plans and Specifications:
Project documents will be available at:
- All pricing needs to be based on the 11/4/19 Addendum #2 The Addendum #2 includes all updated plans and specifications.
Select Bidder Information:
(Schedule, WALSH sample subcontract, WALSH sample purchase order, sample insurance checklist, Core & Shell Delineation, material waste management plan, Living building Challenge objectives and instructions to bidders, Bid Form).
Addendum #1: Dated 10/04/2019
Addendum #02 Dated 11/4/19 Addendum #2
If you have any problems accessing the files please call Kent Usher or Linda Woolery (503)-222-4375
Contacts Regarding Project:
- Kent Usher 503-830-0914 (Project Manager) email@example.com
- Ed Sloop 503-306-2700 (Sr. Project Managerr) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Klauba 971-808.8206 (LBC / Sustainability Coordinator) email@example.com:
- Linda Woolery 503-219-2949 (Project Administrator) firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is a five-story wood structure office building on the Northwest corner of SW 1st and SW Pine in the Skidmore-Old Town historic district of Portland, Oregon. The ground floor will have retail and building support spaces, levels two through five will have offices. The ground floor retail spaces and all of level two will be constructed as core & shell space. Levels three through five tenant spaces will be constructed in the same sequence with the core and shell of the building. The roof will be unoccupied with a photo-voltaic array. A water collection cistern will be located below grade. There is no basement. The project seeks Living Building Certification.
Living Building Challenge:
What does this mean? In short, this is not a typical Project.
The Living Building Challenge is the world’s most rigorous proven performance standard for buildings. See documents for LBC Instructions to Bidders.
The living building challenge has two core rules.
- All Imperatives assigned to a Typology are mandatory.
- Living Building Challenge certification requires actual, rather than anticipated, performance demonstrated over twelve consecutive months
Please read the specifications thoroughly before submitting your proposal, and please reach out if you have any questions.
Scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
- Tenant improvement work (Interiors Level 3-5) will run concurrent with the main job. Proposals need to be broken out between Core and Shell and Tennant improvement. If you are uncertain about how this is delineated, please review this document https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-s32875cb26004ba18 or call Kent Usher.
- FFE is owner furnished and owner installed.
- WCC will provide dumpsters for the project. See waste management plan in “Bidder Information” sharefile link (above).
- All materials provided will be Red List free per LBC. See spec section 016000 – PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS for further information.
- Pre-installation coordination meetings with GC, Architect.
- Compliance with WCC site superintendent schedule. See full construction schedule in the sharefile link. https://walsh.sharefile.com/d-s58dd93767144bbc9
- All submittals including all shop drawings, product data, samples per plans and specifications.
- All risk for labor and material price increases or inflation upon execution of subcontract. Subcontractor and/or Supplier amounts will not be adjusted to accommodate inflationary cost increase.
- Gross Receipts tax (GRT).
- Subcontractor bid shall be based on their own determination of quantities and square footages based on their review of the contract plans and specifications.
- Provide all material procurement and fabrication lead times with proposal.
- Provide all quantities with proposal.
- Precut and prefabrication as well as other methods of waste reduction are encouraged to help meet the LBC Net Positive Waste Imperative.
- Breakout GRT cost in proposals (Core & Shell and PAE Office TI)
Items not provided by general contractor, but not limited to:
- No elevator use for construction activities.
- Parking for your worker, space will be provided for loading and unloading only.
Items Not Applicable to the Project:
- Work force training requirements.
- Prevailing wage requirements.