This project included the renovation of the historic landmark, originally built in 1902, as well as new construction of a mixed-use building located next door
The Ainsworth & Dunn Warehouse, also known as the Old Spaghetti Factory Restaurant, was built in 1902 for a prominent salmon-packing company to work in tandem with Pier 14 operations. The building was converted for use as a restaurant in the 1970s.
This project included the renovation of the historic landmark as well as new construction of a mixed-use building located next door. The renovation of the existing two-story structure consisted of modernizing the building for commercial and office use while adding an addition at roof level. The new construction consisted of an 86,800 sf seven-story apartment building with one below-grade parking level. The building houses 61 large units and ground floor commercial space.
31,300 sf historic rehab
81,200 sf new mixed-use multi-family
Historic Seattle Awards, Preserving Neighborhood Character Award, 2019
AIA Seattle, Honorable Mention, 2020
The 98,500 SF Crane Building was originally 1909 as a warehouse, now converted into retail, office, and apartments
Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center
The first restoration of a historic building in the nation to receive LEED Gold