The 98,500 SF Crane Building was originally 1909 as a warehouse, now converted into retail, office, and apartments
The Crane Building was built in 1909 as a warehouse for the Crane Plumbing Company. Located on a half-block in Portland’s 13th Avenue Historic District, the 98,500 SF Crane Building conversion included 26,000 SF of retail and office space, 30 apartments, two high-end penthouse units, and a 20,000 SF basement converted to 46 structured parking spaces. The eastern half of the site included the conversion of a high-ceilinged one-story space with a loading dock into an 8,500 SF high-end restaurant. Seismic upgrades on the project include the addition of over 2,000 cubic yards of concrete to stabilize the existing structure with a mat slab that supports concrete shear walls rising 100+ feet through the building. The existing roof structure was removed and a new conventional concrete slab placed to support the new penthouse units.
Guardian Real Estate Services
Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center
The first restoration of a historic building in the nation to receive LEED Gold
Mercy Corps International Headquarters
Major renovations and seismic upgrades to the historic 42,800 SF building, and 40,000 SF addition